Our award-winning softening and moisturising perineal massage oil is safe to use in pregnancy as you prepare for your babyÀs birth. With a unique blend of avocado, lavender, grapeseed, eucalyptus and sweet almond oils, it can be used throughout pregnancy but is particularly recommended from 34 weeks. It's ideal for encouraging the skin around your perineum to stretch more easily during childbirth.
During childbirth a tear to the perineum (the area of skin between the vagina and anus) is common, and in some births women may be offered an episiotomy (a cut to the perineum). Perineal massage from 34 weeks has been clinically proven to help stretch the perineum and make it more elastic, therefore reducing the risk of tearing or the need for an episiotomy, and help to improve the chances of recovering sooner after birth.
It can also be used for massaging skin pre-and-post birth. And, with the specially designed, controlled-flow bottle, there's no mess or wastage.
- Perineal massage reduces the risk of a perineal tear or the need for an episiotomy
- Peri Prep Your Bits contains natural and essential oils
- Massage yourself or ask your partner to do it
- Designed to be used to massage external skin before, during and after pregnancy
- A little goes a looong way!
Suitable for vegetarians Nutritional Value: Country of Origin: UK